* The common behaviors when cats sense the bruised leaves or stems of catnip are rubbing on the plant, rolling on the ground, pawing at it, licking it, and chewing it. Consuming much of the plant is followed by drooling, sleepiness, anxiety, leaping about and purring. Some will growl, meow, scratch, or bite the hand holding it. Some cats will eat dried catnip, often eating too much can cause cats to be overly aggressive, typically making them hiss
* Height: 3 to 4 feet.
* Germination: 10 to 20 days
* Needs full sun and well drained soil.
* Sow seed on surface of compost and gently firm down compost. Keep soil damp but not wet.
* Transplant when it has 6 mature leaves. Less water will help keep your catnip from spreading too far.
樟腦草、貓草、貓薄荷 具有特殊的香氣，常吸引貓咪抓咬，所以英文名字叫catnip，中文又叫貓草或貓薄荷。貓咪食用樟腦草之後會產生幻覺，引起暫時性（5-15分鐘）的行為變化，例如發呆、翻滾、追跑、打噴嚏、咀嚼和摩擦。 不過，樟腦草對人體卻有溫和的鎮定作用，可以對付痙痛和胃部不適，還能促汗暖身。歐洲人常用樟腦草來治療支氣管炎和腹瀉。 主要功用 有鎮定和鬆弛人體的作用。治療痙痛和胃部不適。減輕支氣管炎。緩和腹瀉。