Vietnamese Mint Kinh Gioi has bright green saw-edged leaves with lemony scent flavor.
Young leaves are used in fish and chicken dishes, salads, soups and tea drinks. It has been reported that Vientnamese also drink tea made by boiling water with fresh or dried leaves for medicinal uses
How to grow:
* Height: 20 inches
* Germination: 14 to 21 days
* Grows very well in a sunny and warm area. It loves water but needs soil that drains well in order to avoid root rot.
* Push one seed a half inch into the center of each pot. Water them all well, until water is draining out of the bases, and then cover the top of each pot with plastic wrap. Use rubber bands to secure the plastic wrap tightly in place. This will help maintain high humidity and soil moisture throughout the seeds’ incubation process. Leave the pots on a windowsill that receives at least six hours of direct sunlight each day.
* It grows fast and needs a lot of nutrients. Water them daily and make sure they get at least six hours of direct sunlight each day.
* To assure a lengthy harvest and to prevent weakening the plant, pinch off the flowers but don't pick any leaves before the herb is 10 to 12 inches high