* A savory and bold flavored variety of Oregano from Israel. Also known Zaatar, this herb has been used in the cuisine of this country since Biblical times.
* Sow seed on surface of compost and gently firm down compost. Keep soil damp but not wet.
* Oregano thrives in fairly dry soil and full sun.
* Oregano has the most flavorful taste if left alone, with minimal watering and no fertilization. For the best tasting leaves, keep the tops pruned to prevent flowering and to keep the leaves tender.
* As a companion plant, oregano repels the harmful cabbage butterfly.